Welcome to the Hunts Sailing Club Website
Hunts Sailing Club, located at St Ives, close to Huntingdon, Cambridge, and Peterborough in NW Cambridgeshire, provides class racing for Solo, Enterprise, Phantom, and Laser Class dinghies, as well as an all comers handicap. We are a very family oriented club, with youth sail training, and several multi-generation families, with father vs son, daughter and wives competition in and across classes! More details on the above, under the "Sailing" heading. Please have a look round our web site, and come and visit us for real one day!
No Thursday evening sailing
Please note there will be no Thursday evening sailing this week or next week.
Half Term sailing
Half term sees something for members of all ages and with plenty of opportunities to get out on the water.
Sunday 29th May: Club racing as usual.
Monday 30th May (bank holiday): Frying Pan races - 3 races in total, first race 11.30am, everyone welcome.
Tuesday 31st May - Friday 3rd June: Cadet Week. Unfortunately all places on Cadet Week are full. There will be no Family Sailing, WOW or evening sailing on Tuesday, but members are welcome to cruise in the afternoons on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Wednesday evening: Twilight race series as usual.
Thursday evening: No Thursday evening sailing. In the clubhouse - Racing Rules for Beginners; a friendly discussion and explanation of the most common racing rules scenarios aimed at the novice racer or beginner. Free to members and all welcome. 7.30pm to 9.30pm. Bar will be open.
Saturday 4th June: Youth League at Grafham.
Open Day a great success
Thanks for coming!
Our Open Day on Saturday was a great success; would-be sailors turned up in great numbers to look around the club, find out about learning to sail, and of course, go afloat in a boat!
So, big thanks from us for coming along and making Push The Boat Out a great success, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Push The Boat Out and Open Day: 21st May
This Saturday 21st May sees Hunts Sailing Club host their 2016 Open Day in conjunction with the RYA's Push The Boat Out initiative.
The fun starts at 11am at the sailing club and finishes at 4pm.
Find us off Harrison Way - look out for the Push The Boat Out banners.
- Get afloat, try a boat - free taster sessions to go out in a larger boat with an instructor or on your own in a single hander. Make sure you bring a towel, change of clothes and old trainers (not crocs).
- Safety boats will be on hand at all times, and free Buoyancy Aids provided.
- Friendly club members and instructors to help you find out more about sailing and Hunts Sailing Club - whether you want to learn to sail, improve rusty skills, sail recreationally or race against others.
- Cakes, snacks and drinks available to buy from our Galley - enjoy your own picnic by the lake.
- Bring and Buy sailing kit sale.
We look forward to seeing you there!